Monday, December 19, 2011

Ruth Romanticized About New Glasses!

Ruth romanticized new glasses giving her the timeless, sophisticated look that she longed for.

I am intrigued with the expressive qualities that eyes alone portray. Highlighting the eyes by placing them behind glasses has become a favorite way for me to showcase their character.

“Ruth romanticized new glasses giving her the timeless, sophisticated look that she longed for.” This idea was cultivated from my silly grade school desire of having glasses and the anticipated impact they would have on my life.

The picture of Ruth came from my archive of family photos. The eyes are from a favorite portrait of my grandmother Eleanore and passed for giving Ruth the dreamy look I wanted to showcase. Ruth and Eleanore are cousins accounting for the similarity in shape of their eyes. I especially like to incorporate family photos in my artwork.

The buttons are from Granny's button jar.

This clock hangs in my house and every time I look at it I am reminded of happy times.

This piece was featured in Somerset Home, Volume 2 , you can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...